After yesterday’s Red Hill Marathon, I fell extremely good.
I believe, it’s the result of a combination of:
- more than 70 km/week for the last 7 weeks
- not going at full speed for the marathon and focusing on a steady pace
- applying ice from the ice coolers right after the race for maybe 10 minutes
- a 10 min swim in the pool to cool the legs
- wearing compressions socks and tights in the afternoon after the race and the next morning
I did not run today, but tomorrow I’ll get back into running with an easy 8-10 km run.
In terms of muscles I feel not worse than after a 35 km training run.
I’m very happy with this! Let’s see how I feel after tomorrows short run.